Samsung to launch dual-mode TDD/FDD dual-mode LTE GS4, S4 Mini
Samsung will launch new variants of its Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S4 Mini handsets with dual-mode TDD-LTE and FDD-LTE connectivity, the company has announced. While current LTE networks are primarily based upon FDD-LTE the standard, Samsung's new devices will be able to operate on these networks in addition to TDD-LTE networks expected to launch soon in Asia and Eastern Europe.
Samsung said its new dual-mode LTE Galaxy S4s will be the first handsets to market to support "seamless handover" between the two standards, with "continuous and seamless voice and data communications even as the devices switch between two different types of LTE networks." While Samsung hasn't specified which countries will be getting these new dual-mode handsets, smooth handover between the two standards will be particularly important in markets where both TDD and FDD are deployed.
Android Central – Android Forums – News – Reviews – Help and Android Wallpapers
More from my site
- Samsung to Launch Smartphone With Curved Screen
- SANOXY® 3.1Amps/15W High Output Dual Universal USB Car Charger 2-Port, Dual USB Car Charger for All Devices – Apple iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4, HTC One, LG Nexus 4, All Smartphones, Tablets (2 Port)
- GameStick to share PlayStation 4 launch date
- PowerGen 8400mAh External Battery Pack Dual USB Port & 2.6Amps Output for Apple iPhone 5 4s 4 3Gs 3G (Lightning Cable NOT included), iPod Touch, iPad 1 2 3 4 Mini, The New iPad 3/ HTC New One, sensation, XE, XL, One X S V, Thunderbolt, Inspire 4G , EVO 3D, EVO 4G, Desire S Z HD / Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 S2 S 2 II ACE Mini, S Advance, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 10 7 / Motorola Atrix 2, Droid 3 X X2 Razr M Maxx
- Samsung OEM 2.0 Amp Travel Charger with Detachable Micro USB Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2 II, Galaxy S3 S III, Galaxy S3 Mini & Other Smartphones
- MPERO 5 Pack of Clear Screen Protectors for Samsung Galaxy S III Mini / S3 Mini Reviews